1. Whilst STEM ACADEMY PTY LTD (ACN 635 993 814) trading as STEM Club (“STEM CLUB”) is not bound by the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we remain committed to the protection of your personal information.
Schoolteacher: Refers to a person whom is undertaking or seeking to undertake a professional development course with STEM CLUB.
Student: Refers to a person whom is undertaking or seeking to undertake an education course with STEM CLUB.
A- Types of Personal Information Collected
1. At STEM CLUB the types of personal information we may collect from you includes, but is not limited to the following details of current or prospective Students and Schoolteachers of STEM CLUB:
- 1.1. Their names and in the case of Students under the age of 18 years, the name of their parent, guardian or carer;
- 1.2. Their residential, postal and email address;
- 1.3. Their preferred contact numbers or that of a parent, guardian or carer;
- 1.4. Their emergency contact details including persons authorised to collect Students after the conclusion of class;
- 1.5. Their date of birth;
- 1.6. Experience and academic qualifications;
- 1.7. Relevant medical, social or behavioural concerns;
- 1.8. Their Teacher Registration Number.
2. When you access STEM CLUB’s website, additional information may be automatically collected, including but not limited to:
- 2.1. Your device’s IP address;
- 2.2. Device screen size;
- 2.3. Device description;
- 2.4. Details of your operating system;
- 2.5. Web pages visited on STEM CLUB’s website;
- 2.6. Date and time of accessing STEM CLUB’s web pages;
- 2.7. Search terms on STEM CLUB’s website.
3. You hereby consent to the collection of this personal information and understand and acknowledge that this information is obtained for the purposes set out below.
B- Methods of Collection
1. The main way STEM CLUB collect’s your personal information is when you provide it to us, usually by way of:
- 1.1. Submitting an enquiry online through STEM CLUB’s website;
- 1.2. Email correspondence;
- 1.3. Submitting an enrolment form.
- 1.4. Registering for our mailing list (if any);
- 1.5. Feedback forms;
- 1.6. Other forms of written correspondence; and
- 1.7. Verbal communications with us.
3. Personal information may also be provided to STEM CLUB from other sources including but not limited to its referral network.
4. You authorise the voluntary and involuntary collection of personal information in accordance with these provisions.
C- Updating Personal Information
1. You acknowledge the importance of the personal information you have provided to us.
2. Should there be any change to the personal information provided to us, you agree to provide updated information as soon as it becomes practically possible to do so. This will allow us to update our records accordingly to ensure their accuracy.
D- Use of Personal Information
1. You acknowledge that any personal information collected by STEM CLUB is obtained for the primary purpose of providing current or future educational services to yourself and/or your child/children, and/or to enable us to respond to any queries you may have about the educational services and products available at STEM CLUB.
2. Other secondary uses of your personal information include but are not limited to:
- 2.1. Business development purposes such as analysing the demand for specific educational services and assessing the best way to provide such educational services to its current and prospective students;
- 2.2. For collating a mailing list to possible future Students and Schoolteachers, current Students and Schoolteachers, and former enrollees to inform them of our available opportunities;
- 2.3. To comply with STEM CLUB’s contractual and/or legal obligations including orders of a Federal or State Court;
- 2.4. To identify:
- 2.4.1. Information relevant to you about current and/or future educational services or products available by STEM CLUB;
- 2.4.1. Any promotional offers available by STEM CLUB relevant to your specific educational requirements;
- 2.4.1. Any relevant changes to the manner in which STEM CLUB provides its educational services to its students;
- 2.4.1. General and course specific enrolment dates relevant to your educational requirements.
3. You consent to the use of your personal information in accordance with this provision and for any other secondary purpose that has not been specifically identified above, and acknowledge that such use of your personal information will be reasonably appropriate, in compliance with relevant State or Federal laws and will not be in breach of your privacy.
E- Storage of Personal Information
1. Any personal information held by STEM CLUB may be held electronically or in hardcopy at STEM CLUB’s premises or alternative locations as approved by STEM CLUB’s management, such as an off-site storage facility.
2. STEM CLUB takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of the personal information it stores, which includes but is not limited to password protected computer systems and files and locking storage devices.
3. STEM CLUB will not be liable for any unauthorised access to your personal information where all reasonable security measures have been taken by STEM CLUB.
4. You accept that STEM CLUB will not be liable for any loss, damage or claim arising, either directly or indirectly, from unauthorised access to your personal information, unless such unauthorised access is the direct result of negligence on the part of STEM CLUB.
5. You acknowledge and accept that there is always a risk that your personal information may be subject to unauthorised access, especially that information provided to STEM CLUB electronically. Any information provided electronically is provided at your own risk.
6. We note that it is unlikely that STEM CLUB will disclose any personal information to a recipient outside the Commonwealth of Australia.
7. Should STEM CLUB come into possession of unsolicited personal information that it would not have been able to obtain through the soliciting of personal information, then it will take steps to immediately destroy the information.
F- Disclosure of Personal Information
1. You hereby consent to the disclosure of your personal information in circumstances which may include, but are not limited to:
- 1.1. Disclosure to employees, agents, consultants or other third parties engaged by STEM CLUB from time to time to assist in the provision of educational services, or to assist in the preparation of course curriculum or other products offered by STEM CLUB;
- 1.2. STEM CLUB’s business and strategic development purposes;
- 1.3. Compliance with STEM CLUB’s contractual and/or legal obligations and as is required under a Court Order of a Federal or State Court;
- 1.4. Compliance with STEM CLUB’s statutory obligations to provide personal information to the New South Wales Education Standards Authority regarding the professional development training of Schoolteachers;
- 1.5. Compliance with STEM CLUB’s statutory obligation as a mandatory reporter to disclose to the police or other government agencies, any information it is required to disclose under the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 (NSW);
- 1.6. Compliance with any other legislative instrument, by which STEM CLUB is directed, obligated, or forced to disclose personal information;
- 1.7. Compliance with any requirement of an insurance agency to ensure that STEM CLUB is able to seek and maintain proper insurance coverage, as well as make any claims as necessary;
- 1.8. Instructing a debt collection agency or solicitor to collect any monies owed to STEM CLUB under its Terms and Conditions, or following a breach of your contractual obligations, with such instructions extending to, but not limited to the bringing of legal proceedings against you, if required;
- 1.9. For the purposes of responding to and taking appropriate action in response to any claim, suit, demand or legal proceedings brought against STEM CLUB by Students, their parents, guardians or carers or Schoolteachers.
G- Sensitive Information
1. STEM CLUB during the course of its activities is likely to obtain sensitive information regarding the following which may include, but are not limited to:
- 1.1. Health Information.
2. Health information is gathered for the purposes of ensuring the health and safety of our students and complying with all Workplace Health and Safety Laws and to allow STEM CLUB to provide further assistance to qualified First Aid Officers or paramedics in the event of a medical emergency occurring whilst attending a class. It may also be used to assist our teachers in identifying any specific needs that a Student may have as the result of a medical condition.
3. Our policies regarding the medical treatment of our Students and the Schoolteachers is contained in our Terms & Conditions.
4. The sensitive information we gather will only be used for the direct primary purpose for which it is gathered.
5. Sensitive information will not be used for any marketing purpose.
6. The information will only be disclosed to the individual, or if it is subject to disclosure under the law or through a Court Order.
H- Access to Your Personal Information
1. You have the right to access personal information STEM CLUB holds about you and your child/children.
2. Should you require access to your personal information held by STEM CLUB, or that of your child/children, you may do so upon written request to STEM CLUB.
3. Upon receiving a request, access to your personal information and that of your child/children will be provided within a reasonable time.
4. STEM CLUB will refuse access to personal information for reasons which include but not limited to the following reasons:
- 4.1. STEM CLUB reasonably believes that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety; or
- 4.2. Allowing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals; or
- 4.3. The request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- 4.4. The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between STEM CLUB and the individual, and would be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- 4.5. Allowing access would reveal the intentions of STEM CLUB in relation to any negotiations underway between STEM CLUB and the individual and disclosure would therefore act to prejudice those negotiations; or
- 4.6. Allowing access would be unlawful; or
- 4.7. Denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a Court/Tribunal Order; or
- 4.8. Both of the following apply:
- 4.8.1. STEM CLUB has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to STEM CLUB’s functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in; and
- 4.8.2. Allowing access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the unlawful activity or serious misconduct; or
- 4.9. Allowing access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
- 4.10. Allowing access would reveal evaluative information generated within STEM CLUB in connection with a commercially sensitive decision making process.
5. Should STEM CLUB refuse to provide you with the requested personal information, you will be provided with:
- 5.1. A reason for the refusal of the request; and
- 5.2. The mechanism to complain about the refusal.
6. Upon receiving access to the personal information held by STEM CLUB, if an error is identified, we request that any such error be brought to STEM CLUB’s attention and the appropriate corrections will be made.
I- Government Identifiers
1. STEM CLUB will use the registration, identification numbers, or identifier afforded to Schoolteachers by their state statutory body. The use of this identifier will be solely for the reporting of professional development requirements to the state statutory body. STEM CLUB will not use the identifier for internal usage other than meeting its reporting requirements.
J- Concerns or Complaints
1. If you wish to complain about an alleged privacy breach, you should follow the following process:
- 1.1. The complaint should be made in writing to the Privacy Officer of STEM CLUB;
- 1.2. STEM CLUB will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time;
- 1.3. STEM CLUB will try to resolve your complaint amicably;
- 1.4. Other options may be available to you should you be dissatisfied with STEM CLUB’s response.
2. We note that such a complaint will also be handed in accordance with our Complaint Resolutions Policy.
K- Correction of Personal Information
1. Should STEM CLUB become aware that personal information is incorrect, either through our own knowledge, or a request by the individual. STEM CLUB will endeavor to correct the information.
2. Should STEM CLUB refuse to correct the personal information, you will be provided with:
- 2.1. A reason for the refusal of the request; and
- 2.2. The mechanism to complain about the refusal.
2. Any updates will be made available to you via our website, electronically or upon your request.
M- Website Software
1. STEM CLUB currently uses or may use software on its website designed to assist in its business development.
2. This software includes, but is not limited to the FACEBOOK PIXEL, or Google Analytics.
3. This software allows for third party sources to gather information on visitors to the site for the purpose of providing information on visitor analytics, potential improvements, and marketing through third party sources.
4. Further information about this software can be found on their respective company websites. Please note that the software is also subject to their own Privacy Policies.
N- Privacy Officer
1. STEM CLUB maintains a contact person for any request regarding personal information. The details of that person are as follows:
- 1.1. Name:Dr Todd Zhao
- 1.2. Email Address:email@example.com
- 1.3. Phone Number:(02) 9884 7255
CONSENT FOR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
I, _____________________ (Name) of __________________________________ (Address), hereby give my consent for STEM ACADEMY PTY LTD (ACN 635 993 814) trading as STEM Club to release the following personal information:
This information is to be provided to ______________________________ (Name) whom resides at___________________________ (Address).
The Following Section is to be completed if a parent and/or guardian is request a child’s information:
I am the Parent/Guardian of ______________________________ (Name) whom resides at_____________________ (Address).
The Following section is to be completed by all parties:
I provide a photocopy of my ______________________________ (Type of ID and identification number) to confirm my identity.