Project One – STEM Club
Automated solar panel sun tracking system
Research and development of a prototype system for solar panels to track the sun, increasing power output from each solar panel. Research, design and prototype a range of different design solutions. Once designs are prototyped each design is evaluated for effectiveness relative to static solar panels and other solutions currently available on the market.
Project Two – STEM Club
Smart Wind Turbines
A smart wind turbine and its supporting structures (prototype and proof-of-concept designs).
- 1) quiet operation, low noise, negligible vibration, environmental and social friendly;
- 2) light weight, negligible impact on building roof-structures;
- 3) few components, less maintenance and easy installation; and
- 1) 3D modelling of wind resources (this will accurately predict the wind speed in any location); and
- 2) Integrated design of traditional wind turbine into design of smart wind energy system.